Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays 2010





















There is just not enough time to enjoy the holidays. I wish that I was off for the whole month of December. Unfortunately I am understaffed and extra-busy at work and have no days off until Christmas Eve. sooo we have been filling up our weekends with holiday fun. We started Thanksgiving weekend. Olivia was in the Thanksgiving play at Church. Casey and the kids came over for Thanksgiving dinner and then we went to New Orleans that weekend to do a little shopping and enjoy the Christmas decorations.. we ended up with a flat tire and had to spend the night.. but it was a memory and the kids all had fun with a big sleepover at the Westin.
The next weekend I went with friends to take our girl scouts to Bellingrath Gardens. It was beautiful and we really enjoyed it.
We went to the Christmas tree lighting at the girls school and watched fireworks afterwards.
The girls have been practicing every Sunday for their parts in the Christmas pageant tonight. We are hoping we make it. Olivia has been under the weather (along with everyone else in town...).
Ave Kate turned seven last week. We celebrated her birthday by going to see Tangled and then going to Pizza Hut and having a A strawberry shortcake ice cream cake. She got Felicity, an American girl doll. I can't believe our Sweet Pea is seven!
Olivia turned eight Saturday! We went to Madison Saturday to have our family Christmas get-together at Michelle and Buck's house. It was so nice to be with all of my family. We had alot of laughs and memories as always. Olivia had all of her cousins around to sing happy birthday.
We will have Christmas Eve dinner here so I am trying to figure out how to get this all together while I work all week. I think I have most of the presents wrapped except the ones that have not arrived yet. I have spent many nights enjoying our Christmas tree and listening to Christmas music while baking and wrapping. The girls have been such a big help and it has been so much fun to enjoy this season with them and make new memories!

No comments: