Thursday, August 20, 2009

a day in the life..









We had a lazy day of staying around the house today. Glen is out of town so we are having girl time. We almost overslept this morning. Luckily Erin stayed over last night and got up in time. We had about 15 minutes before the bus came but the girls made it. I ended up going back to sleep with Lily until about 10:00. That is so unlike me but I am still catching up. At this rate it could take years. I put Lily down in her bed last nigh. She did not like it at all but she did not get up. She tossed and turned and cried for about 30 minutes. I sat in her room on the floor until she went to sleep. Super-nanny would have been proud of me. Of course later in the night Lily waltzed on into my room and I let her in bed-but at least she wasn't crying. That in itself is progress. I hope tonight she will last longer in her room.
Today she just made herself at home, played with her new musical teapot that Miss Cheri gave her and was happy to see her sisters when they got home from school. She tried out grapes and really likes them. Time to try to get everyone to sleep around here. Good night!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're doing great! The bedtime routine sounds very similar to what we dealt with when Drew came home. He now goes to bed with very little whining (most nights) and sleeps throughout the night in his bed:) I LOVE seeing your girls together, they are all so beautiful! Heather (FL)